Full Code for Medical Education Programs
Assign cases, review results — GAIN INSIGHT
Is it time to add virtual simulation to your medical education program? Subscribe to Full Code and let your learners practice anytime, anywhere.
How Full Code Works
Your learners practice critical decision-making with a library of over 150+ emergency medicine scenarios. Each scenario features hundreds of options, a detailed scoring rubric and a realistic patient physiology model.
In each scenario, your learners examine and stabilize the patient, order labs, tests & imaging, prescribe medications, perform procedures, then diagnose and hand-off the patient. Every action they perform is scored and reported to you on our Educator Dashboard.
- Enable your learners to easily and frequently practice medical decision-making.
- Gain quantitative insight into individual and team abilities and limitations; identify where you need to focus additional resources.
- Augment clinical rotations and mannikin-based sim with remote virtual simulation.
- Ensure learners have the ability to diagnose & manage common every-day presentations, plus identify rare “zebras” that present infrequently.
- Efficiently deploy innovative training. A Full Code subscription is a fraction of the cost of a single mannikin.
- No equipment needed – Full Code runs on the devices your learners already own.
Research on Virtual Simulation & Serious Games
A Systematic Review of Serious Games in Training Health Care Professionals
An Online Spaced-Education Game Among Clinicians
Improves Their Patients’ Time to Blood Pressure Control: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Learning Decision Making Through Serious Games
Twelve Tips for Maximizing the Effectiveness of Game-Based Learning
The Full Code Equation
A Large Library of High Quality Cases
Full Code has been a fantastic addition to our simulation programming, especially as we have pivoted to more remote learning. The case player and authoring tool are simple to use and able to deliver a wide range of case studies of varied complexities. Faculty and students across multiple programs at our university consistently note how beneficial and enjoyable the case studies are to their learning and professional development.
Tracking the decisions that students make as they progress through Full Code cases has allowed me to identify areas of strengths and weakness in medical decision-making both on the individual student level and as a class. The level of autonomy provided along with the data gathered on medical decision-making makes Full Code a perfect supplement to direct patient clinical experience.
Integrating Full Code into our curriculum was seamless. We were easily able to identify and assign cases that met our learning objectives and offered the students immediate invaluable feedback. The students loved that they could take that feedback and redo cases, and the faculty loved seeing the students progress in their clinical knowledge.
Clinical training is about repetition and practice. Full Code helps me make sure that all my students are getting broad clinical exposure and reinforcing the concepts they learn with practice.
- See a detailed log and summary of every case completed by your learners.
- Trace the thought process of your learners and identify areas needing improvement.
- Verify that learners have completed requirements and met minimum standards.
- Set aside certain cases for use in periodic assessment.
- Assign cases to students with a due date and see results. (COMING SOON)
Want to see what your learners experience using Full Code?
THE CASE LIBRARY
Our library of over 145 emergency medicine cases are created by our team of Harvard-trained educators led by James Kimo Takayesu, an ED attending at Massachusetts General Hospital with 15 years of experience training emergency medicine residents. Every case is peer reviewed twice and kept up-to-date to reflect evolving standards of care and the feedback of our thousands of professional users.
CASES BY SYSTEM
Infectious Disease 12
Musculoskeletal & Orthopedic 9
Case Authoring for Medical Education Programs
Our cases are built using Full Code Creator, a web-based authoring tool that makes scenario authoring easy with a library of template content. Authors simply choose a “well patient” by age and gender, and then modify the patient to add realistic symptoms and responses to simulate a diagnosis.
Full Code Creator is now available as an institutional subscription add-on!
With Creator, you can:
- Build your own library of virtual simulation scenarios and offer them to your learners.
- Modify and adapt our built-in Full Code scenarios to your medical education curriculum.
- Use virtual simulation to train your students on the exact standards of care at your institution.
Interested in this feature for your medical education program? Contact us to learn more.
Pricing for Medical Education Programs
Subscribe any number of users for 6 or 12 months at a time.
Assign cases, review results, gain insight
Learner access to our full case library
Admin access to our educator dashboard
Licenses transferable between users
Per Learner, Per Month
Subscribe your whole program or organization for a full year at a flat rate.
Unlimited access for all learners/staff
Set up groups to mirror your organization
Streamlined enrollment via email address
Unlimited administrators accounts